Caring for a child with disabilities can place additional demands on parents, but there are many supports and services available to help you.
- Services and Programs for Children
Click this link for information on specialized services and programs for children with disabilities.
- Transition to Adulthood
This fact sheet provides information to help students and their families consider options and plan for life after they leave school.
- Human Rights and Reasonable Accommodations
The Human Rights Code is Manitoba's provincial human rights law. It protects individuals and groups in Manitoba from discrimination and is administered by the Manitoba Human Rights Commission.
- Financial Assistance
This fact sheet provides basic information on tax benefits and credits and other forms of financial assistance that may be available for Manitobans with disabilities.
- Assistive Technology
This fact sheet provides information on specialized equipment and devices that support people with disabilities to perform daily activities and enjoy greater independence.
- Regional Health Authorities in Manitoba
- Manitoba's Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Strategy
Click this link for more information regarding Manitoba's strategy to build awareness, prevention and support for individuals, families and communities affected by fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD).
- Manitoba Healthy Child Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Initiatives
The Manitoba government is doing much to address fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) through Healthy Child Manitoba. Click on this link for more information.
- LiNK'd Information Networks for Kids with Disabilities (LiNKd)
A listing of links and information resources in Manitoba to assist families in caring for a child with a disability.
- Children's Hospital Child Development Clinic
Contact Information for the Child Development Clinic which specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood developmental disabilities.
- Parenting Children with Special Needs
Information and resources to help and support parents in raising children with special needs.
- Society for Manitobans with Disabilities Children's Services
Children's Services at SMD provide support and education services for children with disabilities from the time they're born to the time they are twenty-one years old.
- Rehabilitation Centre for Children (RCC)
RCC provides a wide variety of programs, services and supports for children with special needs.
- St. Amant
St. Amant provides a wide variety of programs, services and supports for children and adults with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury or autism.
- The War Amps Child Amputee (CHAMP) Program
The CHAMP Program encourages child amputees (Champs) to accept their amputations and develop a positive approach to challenges.
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder